There are many different fluids circulating in a car. From engine oil to radiator fluid to air conditioning cooler, it’s important to keep each of these fluids under control to keep your car in top condition. Among these essential fluids is the transmission fluid. Although most people know the importance of changing oil, many people do not fully understand the role of transmission oil and when to change it. However, it is equally important! Read on to learn all about automatic transmission fluids.
Generally, there are two main types of transmission fluids: Automatic Transmission Fluids and Manual Transmission Fluids.
What Is Automatic Transmission Fluid?
The fluid is the most important part of the transmission system. Choosing the right automatic transmission fluid (ATF) and the many different types on the market can cause confusion. They have different characteristics and specifications for different vehicles. Although your user manual will provide the most accurate and detailed information about the type of transmission fluid your car needs, our specialists at Gars Lubricants will explain why transmission fluid is so important. Automatic transmission fluid meets the requirements of automatic transmissions and assists with a variety of functions, including:
- Transmission cooling
- Gear lubrication
- Clutch friction operation
- Valve body operation
- Brake band friction
- The torque converter
What Does ATF Do For My Car?
Auto Transmission fluid plays a variety of roles inside the transmission.
- Power Transmission (hydrodynamic task) – When the waves transfer energy from one place to another as well as the transmission oil transfers the energy of the internal combustion engine to the transmission.
- Work as hydraulic oil (hydrostatic function)-most valves and pistons move in the transmission under oil pressure
- act as an effective coolant and surface cleanser – all components of the transmission are cooled by transmission fluid, as well as the internal cleaning surface of the transmission
- vehicle can withstand very low temperatures. Pour point depressants help to reduce the viscosity of the oil at low temperatures. This should allow the transfer to work perfectly at -40 ° C
- Gars Atf oil can withstand extreme temperatures above 300C. Inactivated oxidizing acids reduce the formation of liquid and floral components that combine with oxygen, heat and other pollutants.
- Other additives are added to help the transmission oil withstand the extreme pressure inside the transmission and prevent internal wear of the transmission.
Gars Auto Transmission Oil TQ outperforms conventional automatic transmission fluids and helps to provide outstanding resistance to oil breakdown and deposits. The inherently high viscosity index and stability of GARS automatic transmission fluids help to protect against thermal breakdown at high operating temperatures, while still providing outstanding performance at ambient temperatures as low as -54 degrees Celsius. Further, it helps to improve overall transmission durability and cleanliness.
If you have any questions regarding products, please visit us on Gars Lubricants – India’s Trusted Engine Oil Manufacturer. For any distributor, inquiry click the button below.